Marketing and Promotions
The provincial liquor boards provide a number of merchandising and promotion
program opportunities to suppliers of beverage alcohol brands. All program
initiatives must be applied for through formal applications based on specified
promotion criteria. Programs are available for wines, spirits, beers and
refreshment beverages. These programs include:
- Floor displays for high-volume brands.
- Shelf extenders for medium-volume brands.
- Shelf talkers for low-volume or super-premium brands.
The Kirkwood Group features brands through:
- Limited-time offers (LTOs) or price reductions.
- Value-add offer of an item or 50 ml miniature attached to a host bottle.
- Air Miles reward programs offering Air Miles points with purchase.
- Contests for prizes such as branded items, trips or merchandise.
- Mail-in coupons for branded items.
- Instant rebate coupons for price reductions at point of purchase (Quebec only).
- Neck tags for product information, recipes, etc.
- Store tasting programs for consumer sampling.
- Special events for product groups and categories.
- Ethnic niche programs.
- Advertising in liquor board magazines.
- Advertising in all available electronic and print media, including the internet